|Written by gregary bailey|
The all new version 2 Bailey recreation GT40
· Laser cut carbon steel space frame chassis (which has a torsional stiffness of 18500Nm/deg)
· Laser cut aluminium panels which are then bonded and riveted to the chassis
· Complete welded in roll cage as standard on all models with removable side bars on road car
· Increased cockpit space for driver comfort and safety
· The front suspension layout is a fully independent double wishbone type.
· The rear is an independent double trailing arm with transverse top link and lower wishbone.
· Shock absorbing comes from coil over type with H&R springs.
· With either A.V.O or optional Penske Dampers
· Different spring and damper set ups available to suit either road or track usage
· Billet aluminium 7075 uprights with easy bearing change and quick set up adjustments.
· Aurora rod ends fitted as standard
· 2.4 turns lock to lock steering ratio
· Brakes are 4 pot AP Racing callipers
· Twin A.P racing master cylinders with brake bias bar as standard
· Race car has dash mounted brake bias adjusting knob
· Choice of either 295mm discs for road and track day
· 330mm discs with brake cooling for full spec race versions
· Brake pad compounds available to suit various types of car usage
· Brake cooling ducts fitted standard on any track spec car
· Wheels and tyres
· Road wheels are 15, or 17-inch Halibrand with 8 inch wide front and 10 inch wide rears
· Mickey Thompson, BF Goodridge or Good Year Blue streak tyres available in 15 inch in RSA
· Many more 17 inch Brands available
· 16-inch 3 piece BRM centre and Real "outers" to suit a range of slick tyres depending on which series the car will be used in.
· The original style body comprises eight moulded GRP sections.
· GRP body work in polyester as standard or epoxy as standard
· We make all Bodies per order custom light weight for racing or thicker for better paint finish on a show car
· Front and rear windscreens on road car in Shatterproof SABS approved glass
· Race car has polycarbonate rear windscreen
· Side windows in polycarbonate with hinging flap as on original
· Gurney Bubble available as option
· Rear gurney flap, exhaust cover plates, single or double front nostril an option
· The interior has original Smith gauges.
· 13-inch, 3 spoke steering wheel
· Rake and height adjustable steering column
· Leather covered dash in either left hand or right hand drive
· Sliding floor mounted BEC pedals
· Sliding passenger foot rest
· sliding seats in road car
· Comfortable race type bucket seat covered in leather and alcantara
· cockpit space for tall drivers up to 6 foot 5 inches tall
· Air conditioning is available as an option for road or race car
· semi carpeted and leather interior on road car as standard
· extra heat and sound deadening added to road cars
· Roll cage padding as standard
· Gear shifter & Handbrake located in centre of car
· Engine and fuel system
· Small block Ford 302 cubic inch V8 engine starting at 380hp
· Race cars can have up to 550hp 346 c.i. Ford motor sport engines fitted
· Wet or dry sump lubrication available depending on usage and gearbox choice
· Choice of Holley Carburettor, Webber IDA, IDF or fuel injection.
· 90 litre fuel tank capacity
· Rubber bladder type fuel tank with anti surge foam as standard
· Exhaust silencers fitted to road car
· Holley fuel pump
· Oil cooler with braided lines and Aeroquip fitting
· Aluminium radiator with dual electric fans.
· Gearbox and clutch
· Road spec cars fitted with 6 speed RHS or Ricardo gearbox
· track day spec cars have a 6 speed Ricardo gearbox
· Full race cars with dry sump only have either ZF, QZF, Ricardo or Getrag G50
· Clutch and flywheel to suit application
Pics and references from
our loyal customers